- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Kunnath’s general research interests lie in the modeling, nonlinear simulation and risk assessment of building and bridge structures subjected to extreme loads. In this context, he focuses on predicting damage and collapse of reinforced concrete buildings due to earthquakes, impact and fire loading. His research efforts contribute to the design and safety of the built infrastructure to extreme events.
Awards & Honors
- 2013 Fellow, Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)
- 2012 Normal Medal, American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2009 Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2009 Richard R. Torrens Award, American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2008 Raymond Reese Research Prize, American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2007 Fellow, American Concrete Institute
- 2001 Structural Research Award, American Concrete Institute.