- Access-Card Activation
- TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCESS CARD, CLICK HERE.
For cards that are already activated but need updated access or if you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com or submit a ticket to the UC Davis Service Hub and select College of Engineering as your support team. This page is an agreement contract to our environmental labs, computer rooms and exterior doors in Ghausi Hall.
- Code of Conduct
- You agree to abide by the UC Davis Principles of Community: http://occr.ucdavis.edu/poc. You will report any unsafe or suspicious activities to the department CAO Brooke Noonan.
- Health and Safety
By gaining access to the building and department labs, you agree to participate in an annual safety training and abide by all department and university safety policies. For safety training information, please contact Sara Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.♦ Employees must seek medical attention immediately and contact employee or student health services if injured. The department office must be informed within 24 hours and Form III(b) must be filed.
In the event of an emergency alarm, lab users must quickly bring their work to a halt, cap any open chemical containers and leave the building by the nearest exit. The CEE Department meets outside the southwest corner of the building by the coffee hut.
In case of emergency, contact campus police and fire departments by calling 911 from a campus phone or 1 (530) 752-1234 from a cell phone.
In case of injury:
♦ Student Health and Wellness Center: (530) 752-2300 -- Location on the corner of La Rue and Orchard Road http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/about/shwc.html
♦ Occupational Health Services: (530) 752-6051 -- Location: http://campusmap.ucdavis.edu/?b=220 http://safetyservices.ucdavis.edu/occupational-health-services.
Safe exit procedures in case of emergency: Posted between rooms 3029 and 3031 Ghausi Hall.
Additional safety information, forms and policies.
- Cal Aggie Escort
- The campus provides safety escort service available 7 days a week, excluding major holidays and Summer Session I & II. A Cal Aggie Host will provide free safety escort between campus locations and nearby residential areas: http://police.ucdavis.edu/divisions_services/campus_security/safe_rides.html
- Warn Me Alerts
- Sign up for Warn Me alerts via your cell phone and/or email: http://warnme.ucdavis.edu/
Computers and Technology Access and Assistance
- Computer Lab Use, Access and Security
- The CEE Department provides computer facilities for use by its graduate students: Ghausi 3030, Ghausi 3032 and Ghausi 3034. All labs require keycard for access. The computer labs in Ghausi Hall are designated for use by Civil & Environmental Engineering graduate students and by students enrolled in certain Civil & Environmental Engineering classes only. Please do not provide access to anyone who has not been issued an access card. The card provides security against theft and personal safety for the users of the lab. Non-compliance could result in losing your access privileges.
Adhere to UC Davis Computer and Network Use Policy, including refraining from transmitting or reproducing material that is copyrighted, slanderous, defamatory in nature, displaying obscene, lewd or sexually harassing images or text. Web sites that allow downloading of copyright material have user agreements specifying how the site and material can be used. It is your responsibility to read and understand the agreement. If you do not adhere to the agreement, the department can be denied access to those sites.
For example: The ASCE site allows journal downloads. You are not allowed to download more than one or two documents and strictly prohibits “systematic downloads.” We have had students download multiple copies of journal articles and the campus was restricted from using that site until the student was identified and put under judicial review.
Please read the following documents. Failure to abide by these policies can result with an investigation by Student Judicial Affairs. If you are unable to access these documents via the internet, they are posted between rooms 3029 and 3031 Ghausi Hall.
- Electronic Communications
- ♦ Allowable Use: http://www.ucop.edu/information-technology-services/initiatives/universitywide-copyright-policies-and-guidance-.html
♦ Privacy and Access: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/ppm/310/310-24.htm
- Guidelines for Compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- ♦ http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/7000472/DMCA
- Printer Use
- Each student is given a print quota of 100 pages per quarter. The only way to extend your print quota is to request it from your advisor. You cannot print copyright material.
- Files and Storage
- Files stored on lab systems can be removed without warning. There is a small amount of disk space available on your account. This is not designed for permanent storage of your files. The recommended service is your Box.com account provided by campus (http://ucdavis.app.box.com). Please be aware that you are responsible for your own backups.
- IT/Computer Assistance
- ♦ For computer repair or technology assistance, please submit a service ticket at the UC Davis Service Hub or email email@example.com.
♦ For software information, check out IT Shared Services Software and Business Systems.
- General Reminders and Information
- ♦ Ultimately you are responsible to know if the information you are printing or downloading is protected in any way. Please make sure you read and understand the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and know each policy of the web sites you visit (example: ASCE publications downloads).
♦ It is recommended that you review UC Davis Ergonomics and UC Davis Ergonomics and Body Mechanics Program for ergonomic information, training and evaluations.
♦ The department maintains a series of mailing lists to communicate to faculty, staff, researcher, students and affiliates. Please email cee-ITsupport@ucdavis.edu with your name, title and department affiliation to be added to the appropriate list.
- Administrative Forms
- ♦ Faculty Request for Leave of Absence
♦ Volunteer Form
♦ Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
- Graduate Forms
- ♦ Graduate Student Offers -- Informational Sheet
♦ Graduate Student Offers – Required Form Online Version (with Kerberos Login) **NEW**
- Travel and Expense Forms
- ♦ Expense Reimbursement Form
♦ Travel Reimbursement Request
♦ Entertainment Reimbursement Request
- Visa and Immigration Forms
- ♦ Postdoc Request Form -- CEE
- Voting Procedures & Protocols
♦ Reviewed by CEE and approved by CAP, 10/99
♦ Modified to include Unit 18 continuing appointments, 10/04
♦ Modified to include confidentiality of appointment votes, 10/04
Protocol for Merit/Promotion Actions
♦ Approved by Department based on ad hoc committee recommendation, 10/2/02
Protocol for the Election of Department Rep. to College Executive Committee
♦ Approved by Department based on ad hoc committee recommendation, 10/2/02
- Academic Federation Appointment and Review Process
♦ Original approved version, 9/02
♦ Modified to include appointment process, 3/03
♦ Modified in response to comments of AFPC and C. Richardson, 10/04
- Consideration of Without Salary (WOS) Adjunct Faculty Appointments
♦ Approved by Department based on ad hoc committee recommendation, 3/02
- Peer Evaluation of Teaching
♦ Developed and approved by Department as per required by merit and promotion guidelines, 1994
- Scholarship Criteria for Evaluation of Faculty Performance
♦ Approved guidelines developed and approved by Department, 12/02
- Criteria for Excellence in Teaching for Initial and Continuing Post-Six Year Appointment of Non-Senate Faculty (NSF) (Unit 18 Members)
♦ Required by campus, criteria developed and approved by Department, 10/04
♦ Sent to COE for approval, 10/04
- Graduate Program Bylaws
♦ Developed when the COE Graduate Group was reorganized into Departmentally-based Graduate Programs. Approved by Department and Graduate Council, 6/02
- Graduate Program Guidance Manual for Graduate Students and Their Advisors
♦ Updated annually. Most recent version approved by Graduate Council June 2017.
- Graduate Student Researcher Compensation Plan
♦ Reviewed annually. Last revision approved by CEE Faculty Feb. 2018
- Postdoctoral Scholars Compensation Plan
♦ These policies were the product of an administrative request from Graduate Studies.
♦ Sent to COE for approval, 10/04. Campus guidelines for Postdoctoral students located at http://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/postdocs/
- Computer Committee Expenditure Guidelines
♦ These previously informally applied guidelines were formalized by the Committee in 12/02.
- ECI 290 Revised Requirement and Waiver Form
♦ This revised requirement for ECI 290 was voted upon unanimously January 5th, 2005 by the CEE faculty.
- Visas Policy for Non-UC Davis Students and Sample Letter
- Policy/Sample Letter
♦ Policy was voted upon November 18, 2005 by the CEE faculty.
- Proposal Submission Form and Budget Justification Template
- Form and Template
- Work Study Nomination Form