Professor & Vice Chair
Professor Darby's research focuses on water and wastewater treatment processes, including ultraviolet light disinfection, filtration, adsorption, and nutrient removal. One recent focus is a field scale demonstration project aimed at providing proof of concept for the implementation of consolidated management for nitrate removal for a cluster of small disadvantaged water systems in the San Joaquin Valley.
Awards & Honors
- 2018 UC Davis Academic Senate Distinguished Scholarly Public Service Award
- 2017 AWWA Small Systems Division Best Paper Award
- 2011 Water Environment Federation William W. Edgar Pioneer Award, UV Disinfection
- 2010 University of Texas CAEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni
- 2005-10 Gerald T. and Lillian P. Orlob Professor of Water Resources Engineering
- 2004 College of Engineering, Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2001 Nat’l Soc. of Professional Engineers, Engineering Education Excellence Award
- 2001 American Society of Engineering Education, Sharon Keillor Award
- 1996-97 Academic Senate Distinguished Teaching Award.