Teaching Assistant Information
- CEE TA/Reader Interest Application* Applications generally open around the start of the term prior to the term you are applying for
- Spring 2020 (Application closed)
- Fall 2020 (DUE JULY 15, 2020)
- Winter 2021 (check back in late September)
- Spring 2021 (check back in early January)
- TA Handbook from the Center for Educational Effectiveness
It is highly recommended you apply for TA and Reader positions with other departments. You can look for position listings in Handshake and also can check individual departments' websites for more information on how to apply for TA and Reader positions with other departments. Our students have been hired in other departments -- math, physics, statistics, chemistry and design -- as well as various departments in the humanities and social sciences depending on that student's background.
All students must complete the TA Orientation to be hired as a TA. The TA Orientation for Fall 2020 is now open, please register to attend here. Civil and Environmental Engineering students will attend the TA Orientation on Monday Sept. 28th.
TA Language Proficiency Requirement
Be sure to check out the International and Academic English website about how to fulfill the Language Proficiency Requirement.
There are amazing resources for TA's through the Center for Educational Effectiveness (the other CEE).
Some of our own Graduate Students also made this outstanding video: How to Master the First Day of Instruction as a Teaching Assistant. Video by:
- Sumeet Kumar Sinha, PhD Candidate, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Patrick C. Bassal, PhD Student, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Brian Morales, Masters Student, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chanh Nguyen, PhD Student, Chemical Engineering