Civil and Environmental Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Land, Air and Water Resources
Professor Wexler's research focuses on understanding the atmospheric processes that transport and transform particulate pollutants in the atmosphere and in lungs. Experimental and modeling approaches are employed. Focus is on urban and regional smog and global climate change. Experimental work includes developing new instruments and deploying them in the field. Modeling work includes simulation of particle dynamics in the urban and regional atmosphere related, vehicle emissions, and deposition in human airways.
Awards & Honors
- 2011-present Chair, International Advisory Committee, Center for Excellence in Environmental Studies, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 2011 Elected to Fellow status, American Association for Aerosol Research
- 2008 Appointed to Editorial Advisory Board, Aerosol Science and Technology
- 2005 Outstanding Mid-career Research Faculty Award, College of Engrg, UCD
- 2005-2006 President of the American Association for Aerosol Research
- 2005 Erdös number of 2.