Dr. Miller is interested in improving the sustainability of the built environment. The Miller group focuses on designing sustainable materials with an emphasis on assessing and improving the performance of infrastructure materials, while minimizing their associated environmental impacts.The laboratory is working to develop means to robustly assess local, regional, and global burdens from materials consumption, to make advancements in alternative material resources, and to pioneer methods to tailor desired material behavior. The team works primarily with cementitious materials, bio-derived materials, and polymeric materials.
Awards & Honors
- 2018-2019 UC Davis Hellman Fellow
- 2014-2016 University of California President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2015 Women in American Concrete Institute Award
- 2014 The Stanford Wood’s Institute Rising Environmental Leaders Program
- 2012-2014 Environmental Protection Agency STAR Fellowship
- 2012-2013 Achievement Rewards for College Students Graduate Fellowship
- 2010-2012 Leavell Graduate Research Fellowship.