- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Nassiri is a faculty member at the University of California Pavement Research Center (UCPRC). She is interested in pavement materials and structural design techniques to improve pavement sustainability. These strategies include using more sustainable materials and construction practices for long-lasting and durable pavements. Others are to improve pavement structural design for new and rehabilitation projects and to optimize repair jobs in terms of materials, timing, and construction to extend the life cycle of pavements, among others.
Dr. Nassiri teaches courses on the materials, design, repair, rehabilitation, and management of asphalt and concrete pavements.
- 2021, Associate Editor, International Journal of Pavement Engineering
- 2021, Invited Panelist, Concrete Strategies for Career Development: A Discussion of Young Professional Opportunities in Concrete and Construction. Transportation Research Board (TRB) 100th Annual Meeting
- 2020, Invited Panelist, Oregon American Public Works Association (APWA) Annual Meeting, Panel Discussion on Advances in Permeable Pavements
- 2019, ASCE Publishing’s Editor’s Choice paper, 2019
- 2018, Portland Cement Association Education Foundation Fellowship Grant
- 2015, Exceptional Professor Award for dedication to student learning and success, the Associated Students of Washington State University (ASWSU)