Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor Young has degrees in chemical engineering, public policy, and environmental engineering and he applies this training to understand and help solve complex environmental problems. He worked as a regulator for the US Environmental Protection Agency prior to joining the UC Davis faculty.
Awards & Honors
- 2004 Distinguished Service Award, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- 1998 Career Award, NSF
- 1995 Outstanding Environmental Engineering Graduate Student, University of Michigan
- 1990 Benton Fellowship, University of Michigan
- 1985 Berkeley Policy Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley
- 1983 Harry S. Truman Scholarship, Truman Scholarship Foundation
- 1981 Alumni Distinguished Scholarship, Michigan State University.