Professor Young has degrees in chemical engineering, public policy, and environmental engineering and he applies this training to understand and help solve complex environmental problems. He worked as a regulator for the US Environmental Protection Agency prior to joining the UC Davis faculty.
Awards & Honors
- 2004 Distinguished Service Award, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- 1998 Career Award, NSF
- 1995 Outstanding Environmental Engineering Graduate Student, University of Michigan
- 1990 Benton Fellowship, University of Michigan
- 1985 Berkeley Policy Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley
- 1983 Harry S. Truman Scholarship, Truman Scholarship Foundation
- 1981 Alumni Distinguished Scholarship, Michigan State University.